Let's Have A Partita!

Get the respite you deserve another time.

Name:
Location: Cantonment, Florida, United States

Well, uh, hmm...

Monday, January 15, 2007

John Birch (Luthier)

I have been working my butt off on a wikipedia article on the guitar builder, John Birch. I have been talking to people who own John Birches, People who knew (or know) celebrities with John Birches and even who own those famous John Birches, and I have even been talking to people who knew him, including the man who now owns John Birch guitars, John Carling. It's been pretty smooth, except that the Wiki is really strict on picture use. I have gotten pics sent directly from Carling, and have gotten permission to use pictures from him and others. Still, I have to properly tag and label each picture before I put it up, which means I have to re-upload every picture I've put up, which is a lot.

Oh, and the article has also been deleted.

I am quite angry, as I put a lot of work into it. I have requested an undelete and contacted the fellow who deleted it. Oh, and he deleted it with no warning, by the way. It seems he thought it was "spam," or, in other words, an advert for John Birch guitars. Quite frustrating, seeing as how I was not backing it up on my hard drive as I thought that I would be notified before any deleting.

Fun, fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home