Let's Have A Partita!

Get the respite you deserve another time.

Name:
Location: Cantonment, Florida, United States

Well, uh, hmm...

Sunday, October 15, 2006

The GFA

I just got back from the GFA competition. For those of you not "in the know," as "they" "say," The GFA is short for the Guitar Foundation of America. It was an amazing week of watching and talking to the best guitarists in the world, as well as spending buttloads of money on CD's and sheetmusic. I will post pictures soon, just as soon as I get them off my camera. If you want to know who was there, just go to their website. On a sad note, I got to see the final performance ever of the Los Angeles Guitar Quartet with Andrew York. He is going to be replaced by Matthew Greif. I'm sure Greif is an awesome guitarist, but Andrew York is such a luminary in the field of classical guitar, and the quartet regularly played his compositions, that it's a huge gap to fill. It won't be the same without him. But, Greif will slowly but surely be welcomed by the audiences to come, and I hope he works out well with them. Godspeed, Greif!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home