Let's Have A Partita!

Get the respite you deserve another time.

Name:
Location: Cantonment, Florida, United States

Well, uh, hmm...

Thursday, September 28, 2006

YYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could it be? I never thought I would see it happen, considering the last time it happened was 3 years before I was born. Could it be that Ronnie James Dio, Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler, and Bill Ward could be touring and recording again? According to
  • Joe Siegler's very respected and accurate Black Sabbath site
  • , it very well could be happening again. Now, I consider this lineup to be the absolute greatest lineup of musicians in heavy metal history, and it only put out one album (Black Sabbath's Heaven and Hell) and toured for a few months before drummer Bill Ward had to leave the tour due to health issues. I had always loved Black Sabbath for its thick, sludgy guitarwork by Tony Iommi, and the thundering rhythm section of Geezer Butler and Bill Ward, but was never too keen on Ozzy Osbourne's singing. Also, I absolutely love Ronnie James Dio's voice, I think it is the best in rock, but was never too hot about Dio, and I just kinda like Rainbow. But Dio in Sabbath was like cloud 9 to me. And as good a drummer as Vinny Appice is, I just wish that it could have been Bill Ward behind the kit on Mob Rules, Live Evil, and Dehumanizer. So, Heaven and Hell has always been the epitome of rock albums for me. 8 truly classic tracks that stand against anything ever put out by the Metallicas, Megadeths, Judas Priests, and Iron Maidens of the world. The best I could do as for seeing this lineup live was finding bootlegs of live shows, but that's a poor substitute for the real thing. If this reunion and tour happens, I will spend any amount of money to see one of the shows. Although I'm not one for rock concerts (constant shouting, smoking, people jumping around, even sometimes women taking their tops off, and always horrendously filthy toilets, if there are any, that is), but I can filter that crap out if it means seeing these guys live. And besides, I don't want to be one of those rabbit hole Christians who only goes to Christian things and never has an impact on non-Christians. Also, they're all in their fifties. Heck, Dio is in his sixties. How long are they going to keep touring? I gotta see 'em now! And so do you! Buy some o' them freakin' tickets!

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home